Do you love bringing people together? Do you have excellent written & oral communication skills? Are you able to engage with VIPs like peers? FedScoop is one of the most exciting and innovative media companies in DC and we are looking for another enthusiastic, passionate superstar to join our strategy team in our beautiful mid-town (1150 18th St. NW) office!VIP Speaker & Attendee Engagement Manager responsibilities include:
- Extending invitations to VIP speakers and attendees from the tech industry and government
- Making many phone calls, following up on invites
- Working closely with communication, scheduling, and ethics offices to clear invitations
- Building authentic and lasting relationships with the movers and shakers in DC
- Supporting FedScoop's CEO in special correspondence with Sr. executives from the tech industry, The White House, Hill, and federal agencies.
- Must love people and enjoy engaging with them on the phone, email, and in-person
- Must have extremely strong, flawless, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service mentality with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor or team member in collaborative environments
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- High sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be creative; problem solver; manages crisis situations effectively; maintains a professional attitude while working under pressure
- Bachelor's degree/ 5+ years professional work experience
FedScoop has an awesome team and offers great benefits including a group medical plan, dental and vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401K, and a gadget-friendly, cutting-edge environment.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the phrase “VIP Speaker & Attendee Engagement Manager” in the subject field. Indicate desired start and suggested salary. No calls please; email only.
Scoop News Group seeks an editorial intern who will help cover the intersection of information technology and the public sector.
The editorial intern will be responsible for researching, writing and producing online news stories. Duties include conducting and transcribing interviews, fact-checking stories, working with our social media platforms, and other editorial tasks.
Candidates must demonstrate strong writing skills and a good eye for news, as well as a willingness to throw themselves into the world of technology and public sector policy. We love go-getters, so you will have the opportunity to pitch and pursue own stories. Knowledge of technology is a plus, but not necessary if you’re willing to work hard. College juniors, seniors and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Scoop News Group accepts intern applications for the spring, summer and fall semesters. The intern will receive a stipend.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Editorial Intern" in the subject field. Include a cover letter and links to your best articles. No calls please.
Scoop News Group (www.scoopnewsgroup.com) is an entrepreneurial-minded leading tech media company boasting award-winning journalism and industry leading events. Scoop News Group is expanding the events team and looking for an event rock star to join team as Director of Events. The ideal candidate is an operations and logistics guru who thrives on building community experiences, and bringing people together in innovative and exciting ways.Job Duties:
- Collaborate with event operations, marketing and sales teams to develop event concepts and plans, including marketing plans, social media outreach and press releases
- Conduct site visits, negotiate with and secure event venues
- Develop and manage project timelines; provide regular updates to the management team
- Manage event logistics, working closely with vendors such as caterers, transportation service providers, A/V, decorators, freight, etc.
- Oversee onsite event execution, from set-up through teardown, as event host and the main point of contact for vendors and sponsors
- Execute agreements and process vendor payments, ensuring timeliness and adherence to budget
- Oversee event registration: manage the registration database, monitor online registrations, compile weekly and final registration reports, reconcile registration data post-event, respond to registration-related questions, manage on-site registration
- Special projects as required
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in events, preferably in operations or marketing
- Able to show successful execution of past events (online or through printed materials)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- High-energy and detail-oriented
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed (15% of the time)
- Bachelor's Degree
SNG offers excellent compensation packages and a fun, fast-paced work environment. SNG brands are synonymous with quality, upholding the highest of ethical standards in journalism and offering clients best-in-class media products.
If you’re an event rock star looking to join an innovative, growing company, please get in touch. Send your resume to email@example.com