Scoop News Group is the leading media and events organization in Washington, DC. We are seeking an experienced and professional Office Manager. This individual will work primarily out of our beautiful downtown DC office and will report to the SVP of Operations, as well as support the rest of the Executive Team on special projects.As Office Manager, you will partake in activities related to the following:
- Business Operations:
- Staff travel; i.e. organizing travel approval process, travel calendar, booking travel
- Company-wide communication regarding operations-related activity; i.e. keeping forms and accessed information up-to-date for employees
- Back-end office official business activity
- Human Resources:
- On-boarding process for new employees; i.e. setting up laptop workstations, drafting 'welcome' documentation for new employees
- Enrollment processing for human resources-related activity, such as insurances and perk programs
- Assisting in payroll procedures
- Office Management:
- Ordering supplies and food to keep downtown DC office stocked; oversee related budgets
- Remote employee perks; i.e. monthly subscription box organization
- Overseeing local employee perks; i.e. monthly celebrations for birthdays and work anniversaries
- Ordering office supplies to keep office stocked; oversee related budget
- Point-person for receiving visitors and deliveries, answering main phone line
- Light housekeeping after celebrations and before client meetings
- 8+ years of related experience
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Positive attitude!
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and get the job done quickly and thoroughly
- Maintain confidentiality of all levels
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interface with and handle sensitive manners with all levels internally and externally
- Works well with others in a close-knit, team environment
- Ability to promote a positive and collaborative work environment
More about Scoop News Group
Scoop News Group is the leading public sector tech media company in the country. SNG is comprised of CyberScoop, FedScoop, StateScoop, and EdScoop - all award-winning editorial teams with access to top officials from the White House, the other agencies disrupting the way the government serves Americans and the billion-dollar tech companies who serve them.
Scoop News Group is a small and explosive company in Washington, D.C., and our employees are committed both to producing the highest quality news products and producing highly-anticipated events while maintaining a friendly, collaborative atmosphere in our downtown office. SNG prides itself on promoting the priorities of the federal government and IT industry to explore the ways technology can better the government.
Scoop News Group has an awesome team and offers great benefits, including: group medical, dental, and vision plans; employer paid life, short and long-term disability insurance; 401K with generous employer match; and a gadget-friendly, cutting-edge work environment.
Compensation is negotiable, and will be based on holding the skills, experience, knowledge, and maturity to handle the above tasks.
Email your resume to email@example.com, with the title "Office Manager" in the subject field. Include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. No calls please.
Do you love bringing people together? Do you have excellent written & oral communication skills? Are you able to engage with VIPs like peers? FedScoop is one of the most exciting and innovative media companies in DC and we are looking for another enthusiastic, passionate superstar to join our strategy team in our beautiful mid-town (1150 18th St. NW) office!VIP Speaker & Attendee Engagement Manager responsibilities include:
- Extending invitations to VIP speakers and attendees from the tech industry and government
- Making many phone calls, following up on invites
- Working closely with communication, scheduling, and ethics offices to clear invitations
- Building authentic and lasting relationships with the movers and shakers in DC
- Supporting FedScoop's CEO in special correspondence with Sr. executives from the tech industry, The White House, Hill, and federal agencies.
- Must love people and enjoy engaging with them on the phone, email, and in-person
- Must have extremely strong, flawless, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service mentality with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor or team member in collaborative environments
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- High sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be creative; problem solver; manages crisis situations effectively; maintains a professional attitude while working under pressure
- Bachelor's degree/ 5+ years professional work experience
FedScoop has an awesome team and offers great benefits including a group medical plan, dental and vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401K, and a gadget-friendly, cutting-edge environment.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phrase “VIP Speaker & Attendee Engagement Manager” in the subject field. Indicate desired start and suggested salary. No calls please; email only.
Scoop News Group is looking to add a reporter to our award-winning CyberScoop team, with a focus on cybersecurity policy.
Operating out of our beautiful Washington, D.C. office, the ideal candidate will be an enterprising, deadline-driven reporter with a strong grasp and deep understanding of cybersecurity issues, particularly within the federal government. A proven track record reporting on technology or cybersecurity policy is preferred, but we will consider applicants who display a willingness to climb a steep learning curve.
Since launching in 2016, SNG's CyberScoop has been at the forefront of some of the biggest stories in cybersecurity, including news regarding the Shadow Brokers investigation and the U.S. government’s fight with Russia’s Kaspersky Lab. It was also the publication behind DCCyberWeek, a weeklong festival that brings together leaders, experts and decision-makers from the gov and tech communities.Responsibilities
- Report and write original news articles and blog posts daily for CyberScoop.
- Interview and cover the work of leading cybersecurity officials from the public and private sectors.
- Follow and promote content on social media; write SEO-friendly headlines.
- Work with the Scoop News Group team to create multimedia content, including audio and video.
- Cover and participate in SNG-hosted and branded events.
- Minimum 5 years of professional journalism experience as a reporter or editor.
- Strong familiarity with technology and cybersecurity issues; knowledge of public sector cybersecurity preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, a concentration in new media preferred.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Thorough AP Style knowledge.
Scoop News Group has an awesome team and offers great benefits including a group medical plan, dental and vision, life, employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match, and a gadget friendly cutting-edge work environment.
Email your resume to email@example.com, with the title “Cybersecurity Reporter” in the subject field. Include a cover letter, links to your best articles, resumé and salary requirements. No calls please.
Scoop News Group seeks an editorial intern who will help cover the intersection of information technology and the public sector.
The editorial intern will be responsible for researching, writing and producing online news stories. Duties include conducting and transcribing interviews, fact-checking stories, working with our social media platforms, and other editorial tasks.
Candidates must demonstrate strong writing skills and a good eye for news, as well as a willingness to throw themselves into the world of technology and public sector policy. We love go-getters, so you will have the opportunity to pitch and pursue own stories. Knowledge of technology is a plus, but not necessary if you’re willing to work hard. College juniors, seniors and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Scoop News Group accepts intern applications for the spring, summer and fall semesters. The intern will receive a stipend.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Editorial Intern" in the subject field. Include a cover letter and links to your best articles. No calls please.
Scoop News Group (www.scoopnewsgroup.com) is an entrepreneurial-minded leading tech media company boasting award-winning journalism and industry leading events. Scoop News Group is expanding the events team and looking for an event rock star to join team as Director of Events. The ideal candidate is an operations and logistics guru who thrives on building community experiences, and bringing people together in innovative and exciting ways.Job Duties:
- Collaborate with event operations, marketing and sales teams to develop event concepts and plans, including marketing plans, social media outreach and press releases
- Conduct site visits, negotiate with and secure event venues
- Develop and manage project timelines; provide regular updates to the management team
- Manage event logistics, working closely with vendors such as caterers, transportation service providers, A/V, decorators, freight, etc.
- Oversee onsite event execution, from set-up through teardown, as event host and the main point of contact for vendors and sponsors
- Execute agreements and process vendor payments, ensuring timeliness and adherence to budget
- Oversee event registration: manage the registration database, monitor online registrations, compile weekly and final registration reports, reconcile registration data post-event, respond to registration-related questions, manage on-site registration
- Special projects as required
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in events, preferably in operations or marketing
- Able to show successful execution of past events (online or through printed materials)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- High-energy and detail-oriented
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed (15% of the time)
- Bachelor's Degree
SNG offers excellent compensation packages and a fun, fast-paced work environment. SNG brands are synonymous with quality, upholding the highest of ethical standards in journalism and offering clients best-in-class media products.
If you’re an event rock star looking to join an innovative, growing company, please get in touch. Send your resume to email@example.com