Events Coordinator, SNG
Scoop News Group is the leading tech news and events organization in Washington, DC. We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as an Events Coordinator. This individual will work primarily out of our beautiful downtown DC office and will report to the SVP of Events, as well as work alongside the Sr. Director of Event Logistics and SNG events team to plan and execute outstanding events from conception to completion.
The Events Coordinator individual will coordinate with attendees, sponsors, and vendors, maintain event registration, strategize to achieve event success and the best possible attendance, and perform other duties related to organizing and hosting successful small and large scale events.
The ideal candidate:
- Plan and execute small and large-scale in-person and virtual events in coordination with the Sr. Director of Event Logistics.
- Manage and maintain the organization's internal and external events calendar.
- Oversee online registration set-up and maintenance.
- Provide customer support to members registering for events.
- Collaborate with SNG staff, speakers, vendors, attendees, and sponsors to ensure event success and customer satisfaction.
- Strategize with staff to achieve excellent event attendance.
- Coordinate catering, equipment, technical, and logistical needs for events, including scheduling, menus, décor, entertainment.
- Prepare and process invoices and financial records and maintain budgets relating to events.
- Will have a passion for creating successful, well-hosted, and fun events.
- Will be seeking a career in the event management industry.
- Will be creative and inquisitive, with an outgoing personality and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Will possess a high level of attention to detail and organization, and an aptitude for project management.
- Will possess a customer service orientation, and will thrive on helping attendees and sponsors succeed.
- Will be self-motivated, work well in a less structured environment and with a small team, and will see no job as too small to be important to the organization's success.
More about Scoop News Group
- Bachelor's degree, with background in event management or hospitality preferred.
- 3+ years of event planning experience.
- Excellent communications skills—outgoing and comfortable interacting with colleagues, members and vendors via in person, telephone and email.
- Outstanding writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain deadlines, with excellent time management skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of the catering industry, including food and alcohol items.
- Ability to travel to events when necessary.
- Experience working with senior-level executives a plus.
- Experience working with Eventbrite a plus.
- CMP certification a plus.
Scoop News Group is the leading public sector tech media company in the country. SNG is comprised of CyberScoop, FedScoop, StateScoop, and EdScoop—all award-winning editorial teams with access to top officials from the White House, the other agencies disrupting the way the government serves Americans and the billion-dollar tech companies who serve them.
Scoop News Group is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and our employees are committed both to producing the highest quality news products and producing highly-anticipated events while maintaining an energetic, fun, friendly, and collaborative environment in our downtown office.
Scoop News Group has an awesome team and offers great benefits, including: group medical, dental, and vision plans; employer paid life, short and long-term disability insurance; 401K with generous employer match; and a gadget-friendly, cutting-edge work environment.
Compensation is negotiable, and will be based on holding the skills, experience, knowledge, and maturity to handle the above tasks.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Events Coordinator" in the subject field. Include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. No calls please.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION ▲▼